Thursday, November 20, 2014


Written October 7, 2010  8:54 pm

Anita was up, dressed and off the vent by 8:30 a.m.  She had an Occupational Therapy (OT) session, focused on eating breakfast.  She then had a Physical Therapy session, which was followed by a short Recreational Therapy session.  She then ate lunch.  In the afternoon she had an OT session which focused on home requirements/accommodations.  Anita then returned to her room and watched her afternoon Soap.  She then ate dinner, and participated in a Skype video call with family members in Midlothian.  She then read the latest Caringbridge guestbook entries, and watched a DVD (Northern Exposure episode).  Anita retired to bed and remained off the vent until 9:30 pm, for a total of 13 hours off the vent!!!

Caringbridge. What a wonderful way for friends and family to stay in touch during trying times.  John's postings provide a touchstone for him.  His daily updates keep our friends and family in the know and allow John more free time away from the phone.

But the best part of the Caringbridge is the well wishes , prayers and encouragement it provides me.  John pulls up the site each night before he leaves for his room at the Shepherd Center.  He either reads me the postings, or positions the computer so that I can see them.

There are so many.  Some nights I fall asleep before getting through them all.  It's wonderfully overwhelming.  I am surrounded by love and prayers.  I feel it. The well wishes warm my soul and keep me motivated.  The stories of the boys, Trudy, and the happenings at home, make me smile, but weigh heavy on my heart, making me long for my old life.  Will I ever get it back?  There is sadness , wondering what lies beyond The Shepherd Center for me.  But the Caringbridge inspires me.  It is my night light that helps me get through just one more night.  I will never be able to thank you all enough.  Now...for jut a little while.


No comments:

Post a Comment