Friday, July 18, 2014


Written September 19, 2010  8:49 pm

Anita had a good day today.  She slept well thru the night.  She was quite alert and in good spirits throughout the day. She sat up again in an armchair for a number of hours during the morning/early afternoon.  She visited with family members and various friends during the course of the day.  Thanks to all who visited for the cards, photos, etc. and to N for the beautiful quilt.  Special thanks to K who provided some OT/PT to Anita during her visit.  Anita will remain in ICU thru tonight, and as previously noted, decisions on next steps re: ventilator weaning will be forthcoming early this coming week.

I am overwhelmed by the number of cards, Caringbridge posts, and visitors that surround me.  John tapes the cards to the wall and reads me all the encouraging thoughts and wishes daily.  He is my link to the outside world.  My rock.  Steady and strong, he visits every day.  I wonder how he gets anything else done. 

I see the worry on his face and I want to reach up and hug him.  I want to tell him I am ok, just go home.  But that's not true.  I need him here and I am so thankful that he stays.  Right now I am trying to keep the faith, but it's not easy.  Somewhere deep inside me, I know everything will be all right.  I want to tell him I am at peace, no matter what.  But I can't.  All I can do is smile, nod my head, and try to convey my thoughts with my eyes.  I look into his for hope, encouragement to make it through another day.  Now...for just a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment